Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Why I hate class room mothers.....

Now, if you're a class room mother, I don't want you getting upset with me. If you're reading my blog that means you can't be half bad, so I'll just say you're excused from the following rant.



I think I've made my feelings abundantly clear on how I feel about most other Mothers of young kids.



Don't like 'em, never have, never will. I used to think having kids of my own would cure me of my distaste, but if anything else, it's made me dislike them even more.



Now, I'm not talking about women who are Mothers of infants. Caring for a newborn is in my view, akin to active battle and you too are also excused from any of the venomous spewings you'll read here- as if you've got the time to be reading this kind of nonsense on line anyway.



I'm talking about YOU, and you know who you are. The woman who's got kids my age, who stays at home and decides she's going to be all "involved" in her kids lives because that's what good Mom's do, don't they??????



Yeah, well, you suck!



Having been on both sides of the fence, stay at home and now working I not only know what I'm talking about, I can also afford to be critical!



Why is it that you volunteer to organize things for the kids, like holiday parties, and most recently a gift for the teacher who was leaving to have a baby and you feel the need to call me six times? Especially when you got me on the phone the FIRST time and I TOLD YOU I'd bring the freakin' juiceboxescandypaperplatespeanut/gluten/tastefreesnacks you asked me to bring? Oh that's right, because you needed me to tell YOU how many kids were in the class, then you talked to your neighbor and she already picked up one of the things you asked me to pick up and then you couldn't remember if you ever called me in the first place.



Have you ever heard of a pencil and paper? If not, I know you've got crayons somewhere in that house of yours.



Why is it when you called me LAST YEAR to make a ten dollar donation for the teacher having her first baby, and I drove it over to school with you NAME ON THE ENVELOPE and the school secretary told me I was the first one to drop off money for the gift, I just got my envelope back from the school secretary with a note that you NEVER PICKED IT UP!



Did I mention that you suck? Yeah, I did? Well it bears repeating.



What's the matter? The twenty nine times a week you're in the school office, you couldn't remember to pick it up? Or were you too busy be over involved in your kid's life to do that?

3 comments:

Jane said...

Lisa!!!!! Words fail me.....

Tell us how you really feel!!!!!

Jane

Sue said...

Yeah Mom's there is not much I can say about them. I have only found a select few women I can deal with and they are few and far between. They are all full of crap dont let them get you down they are all high on prescription drugs that is how they get through the day. HMMMM maybe I should make a dr.'s appointment LOL!

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud reading your post! Being an elementary teacher and being on the receiving end of classmoms, trust me, I feel your pain! Every once in a long while you get a classmom who's awesome, but most unfortunately, are not! We were just discussing this very topic at school-- teachers should be able to pick their classmoms for the school year. Life would be so much less chaotic! :)