Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Blog Junkies Rejoice!!!!

I have been taking ALOT of flak lately for not keeping up with this blog. It's not that anything hasn't been happening- it just doesn't seem "blog worthy".

But for those of you out there who just need your fix, I'll try to do the best I can.

First and foremost, is Mother's Day. I finally got to celebrate "for real" and it was great. Matt and the girls cleaned the house from top to bottom for me, then went shopping at the mall on Saturday night. I got some very nice gifts, cards and dinner on Sunday. My parents, in-laws, brother and sister in law were all there and the girls had a great time playing with their cousin, Angelina. The girls chose three new charms for my bracelet. A heart that says Mom , Tinkerbelle, and Belle- how cute!!

Vica and Natasha continue to grow in leaps and bounds. They have both gotten taller and are just as cute as can be (if I say so myself) English is progressing nicely, although we're still speaking in the third person. Matt and I are increasing our efforts to teach them me, you, I, we, etc.

Natasha visited her new preschool over the weekend and she loved it. She's back to telling anyone who will listen "Natasha, school- play with toys!!" The preschool is really nice and it doesn't hurt that my neighbor Debbie, who has two great kids of her own will be teaching them.

Vica spent Saturday morning helping Matt shovel mulch. He had some delivered to redo the flower beds and she was right in the middle of it. By the time I got home, she was covered from head to toe in DIRT! I came to find out later that not only did she "convince" Matt to bury her in the mulch pile, but she also "convinced" our neighbor Charlie to let her jump into the giant pile of topsoil he had delivered the same morning!!

I came home to find her playing with the little girl next door- who was dressed in pristine white capri pants and sneakers- and there's my kid in her dirt caked sweat pants, t-shirt and matted down hair- yikes! Thankfully she cleans up really well and loves to be dressed up.

Which brings me to Vica's birthday! She turned 7 on April 28th and we had a really nice party for friends and family at a local restaurant. Vica naturally had a gorgeous pink dress on that Grandma got her and then managed to get every single outfit Gap Kids has to offer a girl in her size- it's insane. She's got more clothes than I do and probably as many pairs of shoes. Funny now, but what is this going to be like in ten more years!!

As part of her birthday present, Vica got her ears pierced. We took her to the mall and she hopped right into the chair. After I filled out the paperwork (almost as much as I had to fill out to adopt her) she looked at me and asked me if it would hurt. I didn't lie and told her it would pinch a little- kind of like when she got a shot at the doctor. So, the lady marks her ears, loads up her little gun, points and shoots- well, Vica's entire body just trembled, you could just see her physical reaction to this. Vica does not shed a single tear, she doesn't even blink- Mama on the other hand feels her entire stomach contents threaten to evacuate. After deciding that this would not be the best thing for me to do smack dab in the middle of Rockaway Townsquare Mall, I regain my composure just in time to see the second earring go in. This time Vica doesn't flinch- I asked her if it hurt and she just looked at me and said "No, Mama" proving once again that Mama is a big sissy.........

That's about all I can think of right now- I promise to be more diligent in updating this blog!

Bye for now!

1 comment:

Sam Sylar said...

Glad you're back to posting, I can feel some of my anxiety fading already!!!! The girls are beautiful, you are very lucky
Jane