Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I may be on to something.....

We had a pretty funny weekend around here. On Saturday, Vica was sent to her room because she whacked Daddy in the head with her new Ariel necklace that she just HAD to keep swinging around despite being asked, then told to stop numerous times. After the wound was inflicted, said necklace was promptly confiscated by Daddy..... sending Vica into a heap of wailing, crying, boogie spewing mess.

I took her upstairs to her room and explained why the toy was taken away and that once she calmed down she could come back out. Matt and I were in our bedroom watching TV and Natasha went into their bedroom to taunt her older sister- it's so rare that it's someone other than her getting into trouble. She felt compelled to notify her older sister that she had "BAD MANNERS" which got a giggle from me and Matt. A few minutes later I got up and caught Miss Emily Post Jr. MOONING her older sister....

Yep, there she was with that tiny heiny of hers exposed wiggling it at Vica.

This, naturally had Matt reduced to complete fits of laughter- actually I thought it was pretty funny too, but temporarily being the more mature parent felt that I should point out to Natasha that exposing one's backside is also considered VERY BAD MANNERS!!!

On Sunday Matt had both girls outside while he did some yard work. After about a half hour I could hear Vica whining to go back inside "With Mama" Matt wouldn't let her, so after another half hour I relented and called her inside. Naturally, where one goes, the other follows. So, I asked her if she wanted to help me cook dinner. We were just having tacos, so I let her stand on a stool and help brown the ground beef, add the seasonings etc... When it was done I then asked her if she wanted to vacuum- well, you should have SEEN her eyes light up. This girl is little Suzie Home maker- you would think I offered her the BEST toy on Earth. So, I got her set up with that and she just went to town- this brings Natasha to also wanting to help. I handed her the swiffer with a wet pad and she mopped my kitchen floor with it.

Mommy proceeded to pour herself a glass of wine and went outside on the deck. Matt asked me if I was drinking because they were driving me nuts, I told him "Oh no, Vica just cooked dinner and now they're both cleaning the house, let's go back and get 5 more just like them!"

I know it won't last forever, but you can bet the last dollar you've got that I'm going to enjoy EVERY second of it while it lasts!!!!!

5 comments:

Shelly said...

That's so funny... Our Ukies STILL like to clean, and I STILL think that every day of it MUST be the last... This morning Liana volunteered to help me scrub the kitchen floor on my hands and knees...

Enjoy!

Oh, had to laugh about the mooning incident. Such bad manners over there indeed! How did you hold it together?! I'd have had a giggle fit, no doubt about it!

Hey! You have a blog! I completely spaced it off the other night when I made my last post... Consider yourself TAGGED, lady! (See my blog for the rules...)

Shelly said...

Sweet! My kids still love to clean, and it just breaks this mama's heart to have to pass the vacuuming and dishes off to the eager beavers...

Ahhh, the beauty of adopting older children! ;O)

Shelly

PS Had to crack up about the "bad manners" and the mooning... Hilarious!

PPS HEY! I totally spaced you out when I was "tagging" people on my blog the other day! Consider yourself TAGGED! lol! *na-na-ne-boo-boo!*

Sam Sylar said...

Hilarious!!!! Maggie is pretty good about closing doors and throwing things away for you. The boys are never going to be much of a help unless it's forced on them!!!!
Jane

Anonymous said...

Okay, so when I showed Vincent the blog he says "natasha mooning Vica...she really IS uncle Matt's daughter". By the way, I think you should let my nieces visit here...I have mulching to do and a brand new vacuum cleaner...;)
Love, maria

Sue said...

Okay that is it you need to bring the girls for a visit and teach my girls the fun in cleaning LOL! LOVE the mooning incident that is something you will never forget, they sure keep you on your toes LOL!