Saturday, December 08, 2007

Goodfellas

Today was one of "those" days.

It's late afternoon and the girls have been at it ALL...... DAY....... LONG.......

So, after telling them not to do something at least sixteen thousand times (and that's just today's total) I finally lost it.

As I'm sitting there scolding them once again, I notice that Vica is suppressing a smile on her face while I'm at it.

Before I even realized it, I began channeling Joe Pesci and actually HEARD myself say,

"Oh, you think I'm funny, do I entertain you?????"

I'm not even a huge fan of Joe, or that particular movie.


Long, exasperated sigh........

As I'm sitting here writing this, I can hear them upstairs doing exactly what I told them not to, again.

Sixteen thousand and one and counting.......

1 comment:

Jane said...

Smirking-drives you crazy!!! It makes me just about come unglued when Daniel does it, I have to walk away.... I read a thread on FRUA where everyone was saying the smirking comes from fear, but I'm afraid I'm not buying into that one. However, I will say that Ben was in a situation last weekend that was frightening for him and he told me that he didn't know what to do so he just laughed, so maybe there's something to it...Hang in there