Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Picture it, Kyiv Ukraine, December 2006.....

Today, one year ago we were stumbling off the Aerosvit flight at Borisporil airport in Kyiv Ukraine. It felt like an 8 hour bus ride! The weather in Ukraine was dreary, overcast and cold. We were met by our translator and driver and taken to the supermarket and then to our apartment, which reeked of rotten cabbage.

I also became acquainted with my pet bum outside the apartment on this day a year ago. He's probably still wondering where the crazy American-skya is with the 5 griv bills I'd make Matt hand him every time we passed him.

I'm still glad we took the extra time to get our bearings and prepare for our SDA meeting on the 7th.

I'm going to post on and off during this month remembering our trip last year.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Is it only a year ago? It seems much longer than that to me-I don't know how you feel about it!!