Thursday, December 20, 2007

It's not just the Y Chromosome

After reading a friend's blog regarding the aforementioned segment of the population's fascination with bodily functions, I thought this little tidbit was timely.

Sorry Jane, I don't think this is the exception to the rule you're looking for, but Natasha is fascinated by bodily functions.

She is forever interrogating everyone (mostly her father) if they have "farted" this is usually done at the dinner table and takes no prompting at all for the inquisition to begin.

Two days ago I had to call Matt on the phone because I heard her ask her sister if "she liked her poop" Meaning, Did Vica like Natasha's poop... I felt he needed to share that moment of parental pride.

Last night they were playing downstairs and I heard Natasha tell Vica to "Smell her butt"

I do not know for the life of me where she is getting this from. My first reaction was the boys at pre-school, Matt thinks it's from TV, but I can't see that kind of thing going on since I monitor which cartoons they can watch.

This of course makes me wonder if she says this kind of thing at school and just how long it will be before she unleashes this in public.

I'll keep you updated!

2 comments:

Jane said...

Maybe our households have some ESP going on!!! I think it's the time of year for butt smelling or something, must be due to all those Winter clothes!!!! If your life mirrors ours, the school principal will be calling you soon!!!

Hope you had a great holiday
Jane

Virginia ("Ginn") said...

Hello! I am the American woman who was in Kerch when yu were gingthrough the adoption last year. I am sorry we never met. We came back to USA last summer and are making home in Santa Fe, NM. I hope you are enjoying your sweet Ukrainian daughters and life as a Mom. I'm kind of homesick for Kerch and Ukraine...sigh... Happy New Years!

"Ginn"
Virginia J. Pulver
www.pulvepages.com