Sunday, December 03, 2006

Uhhhh, I guess we're REALLY doing this!!

Okay, so now it's finally hit me as I sit amongst the rubble of what I could not cram into my suitcase that in 7 hours, the car will be picking us up to take us to JFK and we will be starting a whole new life.

Nervous- still not! Excited- VERY much so. Not too thrilled about the plane ride, but I've got help for that :) Just please say a prayer for us for a safe trip- and say about a 1000 prayers for us on the way back home with the kids. 10.5 hours in the air. Oh boy....... Thankfully, and I can not say that enough- Mom and Dad are coming with us. Extra hands to help, just in case there's more than say, TWO (wink, wink Shelly and Jane).

Matt has been terrific at keeping me calm and centered. I had a minor melt down over the packing yesterday and he just stepped in and got it done and we're still not taking 15 bags with us like I thought we would!

Thanks to all of our friends and family for the great e-mails, phone calls, get togethers, etc to send us off on such a high note.

We love you all-

Lisa and Matt

next post will be from Ukraine!! :)

6 comments:

tom said...

Fingers crossed that you don't have the flights we had on the way back from our first trip (72 hours!!). DON'T take more than two, unless you plan to start your own orphanage!!!!!

Jane

Julie said...

WOOOOHOOO Matt and Lisa! I can't wait for your next post when you are in Ukraine. I'll be following your blog all the way! By the way, I DREAD flying, but have made it to and from Ukraine 3 times in one piece, thank goodness!
Julie Nolte (just got back with 2 more angels October 27th)

Anonymous said...

Matt & Lisa...Vincent and I counted the hours til you left yesterday and now you are there!! It's hard to believe but so exciting!! Hope this leg of your journey went okay..you're in my thoughts and prayers..love, Maria

Anonymous said...

Just got off the phone with Lisa! She called us here at US Ink because it was the only US phone number she got through to(lucky us!). She's with Matt and her parents drinking beer and eating pizza! Kyiv Rocks! She said the flight went off without a hitch - it was just LONG.
They will be able to hook up to the internet tomorrow - there's an internet cafe across the street from the apartment building they're staying in. It was sooooo fantastic hearing her voice .... I'm sure they will update their blog tomorrow. xo Love you guys!! Karen

bloggerrrrrr said...

Soooo excited for you!!! :) Have a safe trip! You are a lovely couple and deserve the best.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mr. Sicilian!!!!! I can't wait untill you come back. You MUST bring in pictures of the girls. Girls very, VERY good choice ;) Period 6 misses you to death (i think). LOL! Anyway, I hope you are enjoying yourself!

Much love!

-Caitlin Sibley (Your favorite student EVER)