Sunday, December 17, 2006

Yalta..Yalta..Yalta

It's the weekend. We found a great apartment here in Yalta. Near 60 degrees. The weather has been the warmest in histroy compared to last years coldest winter ever. The Gods are watching. Could get away with no socks Dolan, easily. Thanks for all of your emails and blog posts, they bring as many tears to our eyes as our blog does to you. The girls are great. Vika and I are on the same page and Natasha..aka the Natashinator/Nyetasha...and I are battling. She digs Momma, and is playing poppa like a violin. Flirts, looks at me coyly and is winning so far.
We are so far apart from each girl at times, over a 4 hour ride each way, so we have to strategize our trips between Kerch and yalta. Kerch is a mere 2 miles from the Russian border. Cassiere..working on the cigars. We have some down time for a few days until our translator gets back from Kiev..more paperwork. Until then, we have a little routine worked out.
To all my students...Mr. Braiitsch and I touch base every few days. I know what you're up to...seriously. Detentions, phone calls? Period 6..I will turn these two little girsl on you and you will not be able to handle it. Shape up guys...I'll be back!. To everyone else..period 3 jungle room, teachers room, all my friends---I love you all and feel your good thoughts with me daily.
Go Yankees, Go Giants...Ask Nick if the jackets came in yet. Donna..will you please learn how to work the computer and send me an email?..Just kidding. It was great to hear your voice last week when talking to Lisa. I miss your sage advice. How you going to give me advice on girls?
Tell Kyle that if he can wait 18-20 years, I have a blue eyed blondie for him!!!!

Okay, enough from Matt- Lisa here. We are finally in one spot long enough where we can actually have some down time. I can't describe the rollercoaster we've been on. In some ways it feels as if we've been here months. Next week should be court- so keep the prayers coming. Then it's a ten day wait, more paperwork and we are on our way home, but I will update more on that whole process as it gets closer. Once we have court, we're just marking time until we leave. I'm happy to be here with my family, but I miss home so much.

Especially my nice, comfortable bed- and my dog!!!

Warren- you know what I mean......


We went to see Natasha this morning, and as usual she was happy to see us. She dresses herself and uses the toilet all by herself- hanging on for dear life- it's absolutely hysterical- she's not even using the potty, but the full sized toilet. Of course I took pictures to blackmail her with later in life. We try running around with her for an hour or so, then spend a half our more just coloring or drawing. This little girl LOVES to color- we got her all inked up with markers yesterday. I'm sure the caregivers were loving us when we brought her back. She doesn't really cry when we bring her back, but we'll see how that goes as we spend more time with her. The plan right now is to be here in Yalta with her until later next week. Then we'll pick up our translator in Simferopol and head to Kerch where court will be. We'll spend a few days there with Vika, then not sure what the plan will be going forward. Hard to plan too far in advance with this whole process, so we're just trying to take it one day at a time. Catching up on our rest, and trying to get some exercise to take advantage of this great weather. So far, we've been very lucky. No one has gotten sick.

Spent two days with Vika last week. She is such a cuddle bug- always wants hugs and kisses and to sit in my lap- I am looooooooooooooooooooving it! She loves her Papa too and will spend all the time in the world with him if I don't barge in on them. Matt gave her what seems like her first piggy-back ride and she was giggling like crazy. She loves to dance, so Matt had her stand on his feet and he waltzed her around the room- they both thought it was the best :)

Promise to post pictures just as soon as we can- for now, thank you as always for the comments and e-mails. We sat here fighting tears as we read them. We always feel the best just after we visit the girls and when we get a chance to check in with all of you.......

Talk to you soon!

Love,
Lisa and Matt

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like things are going great. We were so lucky that Daniel & Maggie were within walking distance of each other. Do your girls know each other? Daniel did not know he had a sister (probably still doesn't realize they are genetically related!!) I am jealous of your weather-remember we were at something ridiculous like minus 25!!!!

Good luck with Court next week, I hope they do get you in on Friday. It seems like you'v ebeen gone for ever

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, congrats on meeting the kids. O yea, just watched the Giants game, they lost. Eli threw too many interceptions, and there were so many penalties and close Touchdowns that the Giants ultimately lost.

4th period has certainly been very interesting while you were away. Me and Boris faced off in Numa Numa, and I have to say it was pretty close. But Boris won (he cheated). Right now, I working on this analogies worksheet, which is proving to be kinda tricky. But it's challenging, and it's a good diversion from the numerous essays I've been writing.

Could you post pics of the kids? The descriptions are good, but as they say, "pictures are worth a thousand words."

Hope to see you soon,
Lee

Anonymous said...

This is the better than a novel! You get to sneak in a few pages when you can and get disappointed when there's no update!

I can certainly vision the waltzing and the piggybacking - I was once the little girl on top of Matt's feet!

I know we only hear about the good things and not so much of the long days and nights in between those good things. It must very difficult for all of you. But every day is another day closer to you bringing your family home and we all can't wait!

Love,
XOXO
Christine,Anthony, Anthony, and Joey

Anonymous said...

We are all sooooooo happy for you guys! What an adventure. The girls sound lovely. We can't wait to meet them and see your whole family together. You must post pictures as soon as possible.
Two beautiful little girls couldn't happen to a more deserving couple.

Best wishes for what we know will be the best Christmas ever!

Love your Period 2 fan club in the Jungle Room,
Kirstin, Chrissy, Nichole, Gina & Michelle D.

Anonymous said...

I miss u like crazy! I cant wait til your homecoming. So happy to hear how wonderful everything is going. I know the travelling must be hard but what a joy to see your girls. Just a couple more weeks and your family will be home. Stay well, love you all! Love, hugs, kisses & prayers,

YBFF

Anonymous said...

hi...testing

Anonymous said...

I just want you to know I watch this blog constantly so I can hear what you guys are doing. I get goosebumps and tears of happiness every time I read them. Remember when this was only a dream and now it is your REALITY! Couldn't be happier for you and can't wait until the whole Sicilian family is state side so we can all see the Christmas Miracles. Enjoy your little angels and remember my prayers are with you always. Hoping for a safe and fast trip home.
Love, Maureen