Saturday, January 27, 2007

"Poop" Happens

Okay, I promise, this will be the last time I post regarding this completely gross topic.

Shelly and Jane, yes- I remember you posting about having to collect these little specimens, what you failed to mention was just how downright DISGUSTING it would be. Yes, I realize that the disgust factor was implied- but come on, you could have warned me a little about what a laborious process it would be. LOL

Yeah, yeah, yeah, to the rest of you, I know- Welcome to Motherhood.

Now, for those of you waiting to travel, you will probably go through this at least once when you get home- here's my advice, so you can't say you didn't get any from me. Feel free to e-mail me privately, and I'll be more than happy to give you a complete tutorial via the telephone- free of charge!!

1. Buy yourself a box of latex gloves.

2. Have a pen handy IN THE BATHROOM, and label everything before you get, um, started.

3. Heavy duty aluminum foil- the BIG roll- 'nuff said......

4. As with everything else in this entire journey, keep your sense of humor intact. Surround yourself with those who will laugh right along with you, and count on me as one of them!

Okay, we're closing the chapter on this- unless, of course the girls test positive because I DO remember from Shelly's blog what a pleasant treatment regimen that turned out to be.

Good thing I've got hard wood floors throughout the house.


Today, the girls will be meeting their Aunts, Uncles and Cousins- we're all VERY excited for this to happen. Hopefully today will not be the day the girls decide to melt down on me publicly- but if they do, it will make for a much more entertaining post tomorrow!

Yesterday, My Mom brought my Grandmother here for lunch so she could meet her two new Great-Granddaughters. That was absolutely the BEST. The girls were shy at first, but very loving to her quickly, and she really enjoyed them too. Matt took a really nice picture of Me, Mom, Grandma, Vica and Natasha- Sophia tried to get in too- that picture is priceless to me. How lucky I am that I've got a Grandmother alive to witness all of these milestones in my life. When she was leaving, she gave me a great big hug and said I was still her "baby". That was pretty funny since I've got about a foot on her :)

I could not, in a million years have guessed how much my life would be changed- it's still a big shock to me sometimes, or just how tired I could be at 7:30 at night. But I would never, ever, ever for any amount of money want my old life back, not even for a second.

It's almost 7 a.m. and I hear noise upstairs- do I pretend I don't hear them and let them wake Matt up- or be nice and give him an extra 15 minutes of sleep?

Hmmm, wonder if there's anything on sale at Old Navy for Vica to wear to school- maybe I should check it out while I'm online!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, at least I didn't totally fail you then! I thought I hadn't blogged about it at all from what you'd said. I thought I was going crazy, 'cause I thought for SURE there had to be an entry here or there on the subject.

Great advice about the "how-to's" of it. Though your girls must be angels, because there was No Way I could have left pens in the bathroom when they were first home. There would have been Artwork on the walls. And on themselves. And on each other...

I soooo remember how completely Dead Tired I was by 7:30... What sweet memories. Isn't it nice to hit the pillow and be OUT instead of hitting the pillow and then lay awake thinking about the Kiddos To Be and wondering why they aren't here yet? That's what I loved most about those dead-tired evenings... My sleep was never sweeter. (Except for John, who used to have late-night stake-outs for Adam, our Sneaky Boy who loved playin' with water and soap in the middle of the night...) We had a pretty sweet arrangement though... I did the poop and puke clean-ups, and he did spy patrol in the middle of the night!

Anonymous said...

I can tell that you are having oodles of "fun".
Now that they saw Cinderella you're going to have to take them to Disney World. ;)

-Caitlin